Jeanne Coleman has more than 25 years experience in marital and family law and 30 years experience in litigation. She has focused her practice in the areas of family law, Social Security disability and criminal law.
Jeanne Coleman is a member of the Board of Directors for the Florida Orchestra, is active in promoting sustainability, both environmental and economic, as well as supporting a variety of organizations promoting the welfare of families and children. Jeanne is a gold sponsor for the Aquatic Club of Temple Terrace, a Galaxy Club member of the Museum of Science and Industry, and a member of the University of South Florida Clarion Society. Jeanne is an active athlete, swimming, biking, running, backpacking, and yoga. Jeanne served on the Board of Director’s for USF Community Music. Jeanne studies piano and hosts piano workshops for her fellow students at her home. Several years ago, Jeanne was a member of the Board of Directors for the Sexual Abuse Treatment Center.
- Florida State University College of Law J. D., Tallahassee, Florida 1974 - 1976.
- Indiana University, College of Arts and Sciences, B. A., Bloomington, Indiana 1971 - 1973 (Double Major in Russian and History)
- Tulane University, Newcomb College, New Orleans, Louisiana, 1968 - 1971.
- Solo General Practitioner Jan 1985-present
- Assistant State Attorney July 1977-December 1985
- Chief, Sexual Offender Division 1983-1985
- United States Supreme Court 1993 - Present
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Florida 1977- Present
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit 1977 - Present
- United States Court of Appeals the Eleventh Circuit 1989 - Present
- United States Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit 1989 – Present
Professional Registrations and Memberships
- American Bar Association 1977-present
- The Florida Bar 1977-present
- Hillsborough County Bar Association 1977-present
- Family Law Inns of Court Master 1995-2004
- Hillsborough County Criminal Defense Attorneys 1985-1989
- Florida Association of Women Lawyers 1978-present
- Hillsborough Association of Women Lawyers 1978-present
- National Organization of Social Security Claimant’s Representatives 1987-present