Jeanne Coleman has more than 28 years experience in marital and family law and 35 years experience in litigation. She has focused her practice in the areas of family law and Social Security disability. Not only does she practice in the traditional litigation area but she enthusiastically endorses collaborative law as a means for resolving divorces without litigation.
Jeanne Coleman is a member of the Board of Directors of the Florida Orchestra and is the Chairperson of the Community Engagement Committee. She is a member of the Board of Directors of the Museum of Science and Industry (MOSI) and is a member of its Galaxy Club. She is a member and officer of the Clarion Society of the University of South Florida. She is a Gold Sponsor for the Aquatic Club of Temple Terrace where she swims regularly on the Masters Swim Team. She is a member of the Tampa Rowing Club which is based at the University of Tampa. Jeanne is an active athlete, swimming, biking, running, backpacking and yoga. She studies piano and hosts piano workshops for her fellow students at her home.
Jeanne is proud to sponsor a new exhibit at MOSI inside the BioWorks Butterfly Garden: The Coleman-Lienhart Savage Garden, containing carnivorous plants from around the world and wetlands plants from closer to home.
- Florida State University College of Law J. D., Tallahassee, Florida 1974 – 1976.
- Indiana University, College of Arts and Sciences, B. A., Bloomington, Indiana 1971 – 1973 (Double Major in Russian and History)
- Tulane University, Newcomb College, New Orleans, Louisiana, 1968 – 1971.
- Assistant State Attorney for Hillsborough County State Attorney E.J. Salcines 1977-1985
- Chief, Sexual Offender Division
- Prosecutor, Narcotics and Dangerous Drugs
- Chief, Felony Division E (Honorable Rodgers Padgett)
- Prosecutor, Division A (Honorable Harry Coe)
- Prosecutor, Juvenile Division
- Prosecutor, Traffic Division
- Solo Practitioner; Family and Social Security Disability
- United States Supreme Court 1993 – Present
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Florida 1977- Present
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit 1977 – Present
- United States Court of Appeals the Eleventh Circuit 1989 – Present
- United States Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit 1989 – Present
Professional Registrations and Memberships
- Temple Terrace Bar Association 2011-present
- American Bar Association 1977-present, Member of Family Law Section and Law Office Practice Management Section
- The Florida Bar 1977-present, Member of Family Law Section
- Hillsborough County Bar Association 1977-present, Member of Family Law Section and Collaborative Law Section
- Family Law Inns of Court Master 1995-2004
- Hillsborough County Criminal Defense Attorneys 1985-1989
- Florida Association of Women Lawyers 1978-present
- Hillsborough Association of Women Lawyers 1978-present
- National Organization of Social Security Claimant’s Representatives 1987-present
- Next Generation Divorce, The Collaborative Solution 2014-present
- International Academy of Collaborative Professionals 2014-present
Meet the individuals who will help handle your case.
Chris grew up in the greater Boston area. He is a graduate of Babson College, Wellesley, Massachusetts, where he obtained a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration. He majored in accounting and mathematics. Upon graduation, he went into computer programming and eventually ran a software department for a computer company. Chris started working for the Law Office of Jeanne L. Coleman in 2000 as a paralegal. He became a Certified Legal Assistant in 2004. He is also the office manager. Chris has 2 children, one daughter and one son. He enjoys all outdoor activities including swimming, rowing, bicycling, backpacking and he practices yoga.
Andrea is a resident of Tampa, FL and grew up in Ybor City. She attended King High School and worked for the U.S. Postal Service for 16 years, until resigning to care for her daughter following the death of her husband. As a single parent, Andrea is a mother above all and family is her first priority. When her daughter began middle school, Andrea enrolled at Florida Metropolitan University in their Paralegal Studies program. She pursued a career in the field of family law because she understands the importance of healthy family dynamics. Andrea enjoys working with clients seeking a good life for their own children, whether they are choosing to divorce, seeking child support or one of many other familial challenges. Aside from her job as an administrative assistant at The Law Office of Jeanne L. Coleman, Andrea is an avid reader and is currently practicing yoga.