Jeanne L. Coleman
Jeanne Coleman has more than 35 years experience in marital and family law. Not only does she practice in the traditional litigation area but she enthusiastically endorses collaborative law as a means for resolving divorces without litigation.
Jeanne Coleman is a member of the Board of Directors of the Florida Orchestra and is the Chair of the Diversity Taskforce and past Chairperson of the Community Engagement Committee. She was a past member of the Board of Directors of the Museum of Science and Industry (MOSI). She was a Gold Sponsor for the Aquatic Club of Temple Terrace. She is a member of the Tampa Rowing Club which is based at the University of Tampa. Jeanne is an active athlete, swimming, biking, running, backpacking and yoga. She studies piano and hosts professional musicians at her home, often hosting intimate chamber concerts.
Often described as caring, tenacious and with a life-long motivation to learn more, Jeanne is an avid traveler. She has a great love of the outdoors, environmental conservation, community priorities to help the less fortunate and continually pursues an understanding of world cultures.
The Law Office of Jeanne L. Coleman is an enthusiastic ‘green office’ and proponent of cultivating native plants. Jeanne, with the assistance of Florida Native Plant expert, Troy Springer, has developed a Florida Native Plant Garden near the office to celebrate Florida’s beauty.
Jeanne and her husband Steve created a nature exhibit containing carnivorous plants from around the world and wetlands plants from closer to home. The “Savage Garden” exhibit (formerly hosted at MOSI) is now located at the Marie Selby Botanical Gardens in Sarasota, FL.
- Florida State University College of Law J. D., Tallahassee, Florida 1974 – 1976.
- Indiana University, College of Arts and Sciences, B. A., Bloomington, Indiana 1971 – 1973 (Double Major in Russian and History)
- Tulane University, Newcomb College, New Orleans, Louisiana, 1968 – 1971.
- Assistant State Attorney for Hillsborough County State Attorney E.J. Salcines 1977-1985
- Chief, Sexual Offender Division
- Prosecutor, Narcotics and Dangerous Drugs
- Chief, Felony Division E (Honorable Rodgers Padgett)
- Prosecutor, Division A (Honorable Harry Coe)
- Prosecutor, Juvenile Division
- Prosecutor, Traffic Division
- Solo Practitioner; Family and Social Security Disability
- United States Supreme Court 1993 – Present
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Florida 1977- Present
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit 1977 – Present
- United States Court of Appeals the Eleventh Circuit 1989 – Present
- United States Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit 1989 – Present
Professional Registrations and Memberships
- Temple Terrace Bar Association 2011-present
- American Bar Association 1977-present, Member of Family Law Section and Law Office Practice Management Section
- The Florida Bar 1977-present, Member of Family Law Section
- Hillsborough County Bar Association 1977-present, Member of Family Law Section and Collaborative Law Section
- Family Law Inns of Court Master 1995-2004
- Hillsborough County Criminal Defense Attorneys 1985-1989
- Florida Association of Women Lawyers 1978-present
- Hillsborough Association of Women Lawyers 1978-present
- Next Generation Divorce, The Collaborative Solution 2014-present
- International Academy of Collaborative Professionals 2014-present
Meet the individuals who will help handle your case.
Chris grew up in the greater Boston area. He is a graduate of Babson College, Wellesley, Massachusetts, where he obtained a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration. He majored in accounting and mathematics. Upon graduation, he went into computer programming and eventually ran a software department for a computer company. Chris started working for the Law Office of Jeanne L. Coleman in 2000 as a paralegal. He became a Certified Legal Assistant in 2004. He is also the office manager. Chris has 2 children, one daughter and one son. He enjoys all outdoor activities including swimming, rowing, bicycling, backpacking and he practices yoga.